Hide Workspaces

We have users who have been given the permissions they need to use what they need in Smartsheet. For some reason, they see other workspaces they do not need access to, but they click and request it causing many emails every day.

Is there a way to prevent people from seeing some workspaces?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They should not be seeing anything they are not shared to. Double check to ensure they are not already shared to the workspace. If they are not, exactly how are they requesting exactly what?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I got more information. They were added as a non-licensed user and our admins are all getting notifications that they requested to be added as a licensed user. Someone on the team seems to think this happens every time a non-licensed user logs onto Smartsheet for the first time. I think they request it, can you confirm one way or the other?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They have to click a button to request it. It is not an automatic notification.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com