Can I make my Contact List column appear on a mapped PDF as just their name?

I have a Contact List column in a smartsheet that I have workflows to notify this person when certain events take place. I need it to remain a contact, however, on my mapped PDF that I need to print for each row, that column is appearing on the PDF as their email address, not the name.

Can this be changed?

Best Answer

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would suggest creating an additional column that is formatted as "Text/Number" with the formula =Email@row

This will pull just the name(s) out of the contact column. Then, you can use that in the exported and/or documapped PDF. However, note that the names will need to have been added as part of their "Contact". Otherwise, the text field is unable to extract a name from the email address and will default to showing just the email address (see example below):

Hope this helps!:)

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would suggest creating an additional column that is formatted as "Text/Number" with the formula =Email@row

This will pull just the name(s) out of the contact column. Then, you can use that in the exported and/or documapped PDF. However, note that the names will need to have been added as part of their "Contact". Otherwise, the text field is unable to extract a name from the email address and will default to showing just the email address (see example below):

Hope this helps!:)

• mballe
    mballe ✭✭

@brianschmidt

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much!