Size of banner for dashboard

Options
HCP
HCP
edited 03/20/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on setting up a Dashboard and I'd like to incorporate a banner at the top, much like the one shown in the example. Could anyone provide guidance on the specifications needed for creating such a banner? Specifically, about the ideal size, recommended file type, and preferred resolution. Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi HCP,

I'm not sure if I've correctly grasped what you're trying to do - it's early, please bear with me.

If you create a new Dashboard you can add a Title widget.

Drag the bottom right hand corner, as if you're resizing an image, to get the size that you want.

Clicking inside will open the Edit options where you can choose fonts, size, colour, fill, etc.

Then on the right hand side, choose what you'd like to happen if people click on the banner.

As an example, my Dashboard titles are dormant, but I have icons either side which open web pages for different business units.

I find that keeping dashboard content from within Smartsheet always presents better, resolution wise.

If it's a custom image you're looking to use, please see the post linked below

Hope one of these helps.

Have a great day.

• HCP
    Options

Hi PM_Reeves,

Thank you for your prompt response :)

I was looking for an image to use as a top banner in my dashboard, so I will take a look to the post linked you sent!

Thanks a lot!