Dynamic View Sharing to Non-Users

aprkns
aprkns ✭✭✭
edited 03/21/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I sent a Dynamic View link to clients that are not Smartsheet users. When they click on the link, a message pops up saying "Dynamic View URL not Found." Things to note:

1. Contacts are assigned in a column in the sheet, and the "Restrict View by Current User" option in Dynamic View settings is set to restrict by that column.
  2. Contacts were shared to the Dynamic View via Smartsheet's groups feature.
  3. I created a test line in the sheet and Dynamic View is working fine on my end.
  4. Clients have tried using different browsers, but the issue persists.

Am I missing something? Thank you.

Tags:

Answers

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @aprkns - We use Dynamic View in the way you are describing, here's how we do it:

1. If you have Safe Sharing enabled, make sure the external user's email address is added to your Safe Sharing list
    2. Create a GROUP, and add the external email address as a member of that group
    3. Share the Dynamic View with the group
    4. Share the underlying sheet or report with the group (although I have not thoroughly tested if this is required)
  • Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭

Question for those on this thread - I shared dynamic view with a non-user, safe email, but he is told he has to login to Smartsheet - create an account. Is there a way for him to see the info without creating an account?