Can emails in an Outlook inbox be automatically added to a sheet?

Options
rplotkin
rplotkin
edited 03/21/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

We have the Smartsheet Outlook plugin, which lets us manually add emails from Outlook to a manually-selected sheet in Smartsheet.

We are looking for ALL emails that arrive in the inbox of a particular email address to be automatically added to a pre-specified sheet. Is this functionality available in Smartsheet or in the Outlook plugin?

Or is there a way to automate this?

We are considering Zapier or something similar, but I'm wondering if this functionality already exists within Smartsheet, without the need to use a third-party tool.

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @rplotkin

I hope you're well and safe!

Zapier, the Smartsheet API, or another 3rd-party integration is the solution.

I usually use Zapier in my client solutions.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lindsay Whitbread
    Lindsay Whitbread ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with Andrée, that Zapier can be a good and cost effective option for this kind of job. What we would often do for our customers is have an automatic rule set up in Outlook to forward the email to Zapier. Zapier has some clever tools available to even pull out some of the data from the email and put it into different columns within the sheet - super cool!

Lindsay

Smartsheet Lead @ InfoSpark

2023 Asia Pacific Smartsheet Partner of the Year

Platinum Smartsheet Partner | www.infospark.com.au

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @rplotkin

I hope you're well and safe!

Zapier, the Smartsheet API, or another 3rd-party integration is the solution.

I usually use Zapier in my client solutions.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lindsay Whitbread
    Lindsay Whitbread ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with Andrée, that Zapier can be a good and cost effective option for this kind of job. What we would often do for our customers is have an automatic rule set up in Outlook to forward the email to Zapier. Zapier has some clever tools available to even pull out some of the data from the email and put it into different columns within the sheet - super cool!

Lindsay

Smartsheet Lead @ InfoSpark

2023 Asia Pacific Smartsheet Partner of the Year

Platinum Smartsheet Partner | www.infospark.com.au