Populate two Sheets simultaneously from a form

Can a form dump data into two sheets? We have a master sheet that we want multiple forms to dump data into. Currently, my form is dumping data into the sheet that corresponds to that form. Is there anyway to change where that data goes or have it dump data into two sheets at the same time? If not, how can I get data dumped into the master sheet. Thanks.

Tags:

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

You can can create workflow to copy data to your master sheet when the form is submitted. You can trigger the workflow when rows are added and the action will be: Copy rows.

Hope this helps,

Best,

Beata

• It does help. Thank you. Now an additional question. How can I map fields from the source into the target? I want certain columns to be populated w/ the data, but not others. Can this be done in the workflow? I'm not seeing a way.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JD Lobue

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Beata's excellent advice/answer.

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

To connect them row by row, you'd use an Autonumber Column in the Source sheet and add a so-called helper column to manually add the row id on as many rows as you think you need in the Destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you for your responses. We have elected to go a different route. Rather than push data to a different sheet, we are going to use Bridge to pass the data directly to SharePoint.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JD Lobue

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Please support the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Since you all are commenting and helping. Much appreciated, btw, I thought I would address an issue we are having w/ the bridge connector not saving attachments to SharePoint. Have any of you addressed this before? Would love your help in getting Smartsheet forms attachments to save over to SharePoint via a bridge integration. I've opened a topic on this here, as well. Thanks