Dynamic View - Data Entry Creates Blank View

Options
jisellejones
jisellejones ✭✭
edited 03/25/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have created a Dynamic View from a Sheet. In the Sheet, I have a filter. When I created the Dynamic View, I added the filter as the view to the Dynamic View (see image). The filter is set to show the next 2 weeks of an external supplier's tasks ("Assigned To" Column).

I also included the following columns from my source sheet.

I also added the % Complete column to the "Details Panel", so a user can update that column from the Dynamic View.

Everything looks as though it is working correctly.

Until the % Complete column is changed in the Dynamic View.

When I change the % Complete column from 0% to 10%, all the tasks disappear.

The only way I have found to get the tasks back is by going back into the Dynamic View settings, removing the filter -

Then saving and going "Back to View". ALL of the tasks are visible.

Then I have to open the Dynamic View settings again and reapply the original filter. When I do that, I can see the updated field.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a glitch in the system?

Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @jisellejones

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots of the filter in the sheet? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• jisellejones
    Options

HI @Andrée Starå

I hope you are well and safe also.

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is my filter. I have removed the supplier name.

As an FYI, I created a Report from this same Sheet. In the Report I used the exact same filters. When I made the Report into a Dynamic View. I can easily update any field inside the Dashboard and Dynamic View without losing any rows or other information.