NETDAYS returning #INVALID DATA TYPE

Options
Meredith Fenwick
Meredith Fenwick ✭✭✭
edited 03/26/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hi -

I'm trying to calculate the number of days between two dates in a sheet. I have both of my columns that contain the start and end dates set up as DATE column type.

They both contain dates.

I use the formula "=NETDAYS([Hotel Check-In Date]@row, [Hotel Check-Out Date]@row)".

I have tried making the results column a DURATION type column as well as Text/Number and still get the error.

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Is the fields you reference in the formula both date format?

Best,

Beata

• Meredith Fenwick
    Options

Yes, they are both in mm/dd/yyyy format.

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Meredith Fenwick , That's really odd. The only thing I can think to do is what @SmartWay360 suggested and double check again the column type by Edit Column Properties for both of those columns. I realize this suggestion is likely frustrating... and I almost didn't post. I really don't know what else to try. Something is making the input values into the netdays() function into something other than dates. Maybe check to make sure the column names are spelled correctly in the formula. Maybe you have a similarly named column with a different data type.

Good luck as you keep troubleshooting. Be well.

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!