Prepopulate contacts for each step

How would I be able to set up my smart sheet, where right now, I manually fill in each contact for each step, to automatically do so for me. For data privacy purposes, here is an example of what the document currently looks like.

I want to be able to have the sheet populate in based on site and the step. Each site has different people responsible for each step which has also been causing issues in my automation flow.

Currently, I have the automation set up to send a notification for when the row is changed/added, and having the conditions being set on the Action Needed (confirm for example) if it is one of any and then linking the contact.

however, it is extremely long and complicated to do so for each step and each contact. if there are any ideas I would appreciate it! I can also provide more pictures and examples

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/31/24

Hi @xxguestuser

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect a helper sheet or a section in the same sheet. When you update the source, it will reflect on the destinations.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.