Pick row where form info is added?

I dont get why there are all these super complicated formulas, automations, workflows etc, but we cant do basic things like dictate where a form inserts a new line? Something as simple as "insert row below line 2" --where "below" or "above" could be a dropdown, and then the line could be a dropdown? Or even below a Header or something.

I even went so far as to create a duplicate sheet with the form i wanted, and then did an automation to move the line to another sheet when it was added, and in that case it just dumps the new line at the bottom--i dont even get a choice of top or bottom for that.

I also thought maybe i could use automation to just move a line within a sheet AFTER it was inserted by the form, but you can only move lines to a different sheet, but not within the same sheet?

Am i missing some basic functionality here?

Tags:

Answers

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jhoaas , I feel your pain. You have great clarity on the limits of forms, adding rows and moving things around. That's how SS works. It would also be nice if you could specify a newly added row from a form to be a "child" and sort it under the correct parent. Alas... it's what it is. You may want to check through the enhancement ideas and upvote these features or add the new ones. Some of your concepts are unique.

Be well!

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!