Is there a way to create a "anybody in the organization can view" view

Options

Here is my situation.

I am using Smartsheet as an intake tool for my organization. People from across the business come in and using a form, submit an intake request. One of the data elements I capture is the email address of the submitter

I would like to create a report, filtered on the current user, where they can view their intake requests, and how it is progressing through my team.

The issue is, I would have to give view only permissions to the potentially 10,000 users that would be submitting requests

I can put the report on a dashboard, but if I set the widget to view as the last editor, that is not going to filter on their ID, and if I set it to view as the current user, they will not have permission to view the underlying data, so the report will be blank.

Creating and maintaining a manual view only group is not an option.

What I would like is the ability to just let anybody in my company view the data, just like I can do when I publish a dashboard.

Has anybody figured out a way to do this

And please, if you don't have a solution, no "I have not, but that is a great idea, please submit it" responses.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @David Dolch

I hope you're well and safe!

Do you have access to Dynamic View? That would be the perfect solution for this.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• David Dolch
    David Dolch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå

I do have the ability to purchase Dynamic View.

However, I was hoping there was a way to do this without buying yet an other add on.

This is a pretty basic task just to use Dynamic View for. Dynamic View is great when having to manage permissions, or allow people access to sensitive information.

This is really just so that when a person want to check the status of their application, they can see just theirs instead of a list of 500 total.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@David Dolch

Unfortunately, because you don't want to share anything else except the records the current user is connected with, there aren't really any core app solutions available.

Another option could be WorkApps, but that's also a premium app.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.