Saving files attached to Smartsheet rows out to Sharepoint folder

Options

What is the easiest way to take files attached to each row in a Smartsheet and save those files out to a sharepoint folder?

I know you can download them all and then go to SP and attach them, but surely there exists an automated way to move the files without ever personally touching them.

Bonus if I can do it when a certain status of approval is reached for each row item perferably.

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Ryan blake

Is it possible to email your sharepoint folder? One certainly can if it is a Teams sharepoint as Teams has an email address per channel. I do this frequently with teams. If not Teams, it is dependent on the sharepoint settings whether the sharepoint allows direct email. If allowed, you can set automation to email the sharepoint and include attachments.

Would this work for you?

Kelly

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

@Ryan blake You could probably achieve this with a combination of bridge and Power Automate. Bridge to trigger the workflow, get the attachment download url, and then in power automate you should be able to use the http module to download the attachment via that url, and store it in SharePoint somewhere.

You can't get the attachment contents within bridge, you would need an external system (like power automate)