Data sheet refresh from email attachment

Is there a way I may refresh a established smartsheet periodically with new data - sent to an email address as xls or csv attachment to an email.? Also how to setup at receipint email address . Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/09/24

Hi @Curious101

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, but not with core Smarsheet.

Here are the options you could use.

• Smartsheet API
    • Premium App, Bridge
    • 3rd-party services like Zapier or similar

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• marc4
    marc4 ✭✭✭✭

If you are using outlook/exchange you can do this by setting up an powerautomate flow you look for the incoming email and then save the attachment to OneDrive. You can then have Data Shuttle import the file on OneDrive to update the sheet.

You can also use Zapier. Set up a zapier email box and have you your email client forward the email with the attachment to zapier. Then you can have a zap save the attachment to OneDrive or Google Drive and then have a Data Shuttle import the file

/marc