Issue with Copy Rows + Record a Date Automation

I am trying to create a workflow where a row from Sheet A is copied to Sheet B and the "Transfer to Marketing Date" column records the date the "Transfer to Marketing" field is checked. However, I'm encountering an issue where the row is copied to Sheet B before the date is recorded in Sheet A, resulting in the date not being reflected in Sheet B. Appreciate any advice on how I can populate the date and ensure it's copied over to Sheet B? TIA!

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @KMeyer

The issue is due to the logical flow of the workflow where the copy happens first followed by the record a date. Since you can't have a follow up action to Record a date, you can create two separate workflows. 1st will be for recording the date when Transfer to Marketing is checked. The second workflow's trigger would be when a date When rows are changed with the Transfer to Marketing Date changes to Any Value, copy the row to Sheet B. This way, you will have the copy happen with the date.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @KMeyer

The issue is due to the logical flow of the workflow where the copy happens first followed by the record a date. Since you can't have a follow up action to Record a date, you can create two separate workflows. 1st will be for recording the date when Transfer to Marketing is checked. The second workflow's trigger would be when a date When rows are changed with the Transfer to Marketing Date changes to Any Value, copy the row to Sheet B. This way, you will have the copy happen with the date.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• KMeyer
    KMeyer ✭✭✭

@AravindGP, I was anticipating this would be the case, but I was hoping the simple (or what I thought logical) approach would be possible. Thank you for the response!