Need help adding a 3rd argument to a COUNTIFS formula

Options

Hello,

I am trying to count number of late documents within a specific section of the sheet. I have been able to do it successfully using row numbers but we change rows frequently because it is a roster type list I don't want to have to edit the formula each time. The third argument I wanted to use was to use their teams to separate them but that part has not worked yet.

=COUNTIFS([Document Due for Signing Date] :[Document Due for Signing Date], <TODAY(), [CS Confirmed Signed and Closed]:[CS Confirmed Signed and Closed], ISBLANK(@cell), [Team]:[Team],="Framingham Team ITO"(@cell))

This is my current attempt, so everything up to Team works if I add back in the row numbers.

Best Answer

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The formatting looks a bit off. Have you tried it like this?

=COUNTIFS([Document Due for Signing Date]:[Document Due for Signing Date], <TODAY(), [CS Confirmed Signed and Closed]:[CS Confirmed Signed and Closed], ISBLANK(@cell), [Team]:[Team], "Framingham Team ITO"

Answers

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The formatting looks a bit off. Have you tried it like this?

=COUNTIFS([Document Due for Signing Date]:[Document Due for Signing Date], <TODAY(), [CS Confirmed Signed and Closed]:[CS Confirmed Signed and Closed], ISBLANK(@cell), [Team]:[Team], "Framingham Team ITO"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!