Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Export to Database

mamar
mamar
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi, I wish to store the data on my smartsheet to a local SQL database. How do I go about doing this?

We need this to create metrics that can track time taken for approvals etc. 

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi Mamar

You have some choices...

If you have the Business account you can use the ODBC to export the data to Excel and link that to SQL. 

If you are a team account then just create a report that captures the data for SQL and then schedule an Excel export on a timed basis, then run a macro in Excel to "absorb" the revised data. 

There are more solutions for data to move in both directions if need be but both the above use what you already have so apart from your time setting them up there is no additional cost.

Hope that Helps?

Richardr  

• Hi Richard,

I'm new to smart sheet application.  

I would like to connect smart sheet with any ETL tools Informatica and Talend (using JDBC / ODBC connection) and to extract the data from smart sheet for calculation purpose.

I could not find, direct access to smart sheet database.  Please let me know, the below details to connect with my smartsheet data.

>>>>>>>>>

JDBC URL - ??

Driver - ??

Class name - ??

User name- Known to me

Pwd -  Known to me

mapping -  Known to me

<<<<<<<<<

Aside, if you have any option to connect, please explain

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.