Automated Workflow - omitting relevant sheet content in subject and body

Options
Marlana K.
Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/11/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Good morning Community!

We currently have a solution with an automated workflow that runs on a schedule when a date is reached, at 7 am PST. We use INDEX Match that populates specific fields from a reference sheet that is generated through an API. Each night the API clears the reference sheet and repopulates the information. Here is our issue, when the workflow runs it omits the relevant sheet content that is inserted in both the body and subject line ex (URGENT ACTION REQUIRED: REPLACEMENT Pin Pad Reminder – {{Site Name}}).

In the above example the Site Name is blank in the email subject and this is also used in the body. If we open the sheet when we arrive for the day then run it, the information populates. We have tried to change the run time, add a Helper column to wake the sheet (found that work around here in the community) yet we are still not seeing those fields surrounded by {{ }} populate.

We have had this setup for a while and it worked in the beginning so we are at a loss as to why it no longer works.

Formula: =IFERROR(INDEX({Pharmacy Site Information - Site Name}, MATCH([*SiteID TEXT]@row, {Pharmacy Site Information - Site #}, 0), 1), " ")

Screenshots in the below screen shot you will see that there are other fields contained in the {{ }} these fields populate {{Ship Date to site}} for example.

thank you in advance for any insight you may be able to provide.

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Marlana K.

Are you using a helper column with a "record a date" workflow recording a date every day, the hour before your current workflow?

If so, I would also expect your INDEX(MATCH to populate, even if there are formulas that use the TODAY() function in either sheet.

If this is a new change and you haven't adjusted your processes, sheets, or formulas but the behaviour has changed, please contact Smartsheet Support with a screen recording to show how the email is received, how the workflows are set up, and what both of your sheets looks like. They'll also want to see the sheet IDs, workflow IDs, and full formula.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

The "wake up" workflow is set up. That was the first thing we tried. This is actually my co workers build and I have looked and looked and have found nothing that explains why. I will instruct her to reach out to support.

As always Thanks for the help!

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare