Due date Automation

Options
Jett
Jett
edited 04/18/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hi

I would like my due date to update based on status

A date requested is already added when previous data is entered. due date should equal requested date. When a status is updated

"Waiting on vendor" it adds 3 days to the current day that this status was selected once complete the status will change to

"Waiting on funding" it will then add another 3 days once that status was selected for that step .

What formula do I add so that it will automatically update the dates.

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/18/24
    Options

Hi @Jett,

If I understand you correctly, you want a due date that equals the requested date when submitted, adds 3 days from the date that status was changed to "Waiting on Vendor", and then when the status changes to "Waiting on Funding", it adds 3 days to when that status is changed?

If that's correct, I think you'd want to have a column to keep track of when the order status is changed (so maybe a Status Change Date)?

Then, for the due date, a formula like this should work:

=IF(Status@row = "Ordered", [Requested Date]@row, WORKDAY([Status Change Date]@row, 3))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!