Create sheet with just 1 row per person

Options

I'm trying to create a new sheet that only has one row per Instructor from a master sheet.

I have a master sheet of Instructors for my program and it is being updated as Instructors apply to teach courses. I'm trying to create a new sheet with only one row per Instructor from this for a summary and to help with sending some messages.

I've created a sheet where I'm using a workflow to copy only the rows for the Instructors I work with (as in the sample image below) but only need 1 row per Instructor.

I know if I use the sheet as it currently is then I'll send duplicate emails since their information is on the sheet twice. I haven't found a workaround for removing duplicates through functions or when searching in the community.

I'm wondering if I need a 3rd sheet that I pull all of the information on and use the 3rd sheet to send emails through workflow. And if I do need a 3rd sheet, is there a way to automatically add the new EIDs to that sheet as people apply?

Thanks!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @SarahML,

If you are using a Contact column for the Full Name (and you require users to log in to Smartsheet to access the sheet), then you can use a filter view that only shows rows that pertain to the current user:

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• SarahML
    SarahML ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, I might be able to use this idea as a tool to get around the duplicates. They don't all have their own SmartSheet accounts so we don't have a contact column like you're thinking.