Using Nested If and Formula to Set Value of Field

Options

I'm trying to set the value of a field using an IF statement based upon a calculated number in a column called "Tier Score".

=IF ([Tier Score]@row <= 17, "Tier 3", IF ([Tier Score]@row <= 25, "Tier 2", IF ([Tier Score]@row >= 26, "Tier 1")))

I keep getting UNPARSABLE.

Thanks

Tags:

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/19/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Doug Goss,

I just copy/pasted your formula into a test sheet and one thing I noticed is that none of the cell references have color to them. That usually means there's an issue in the formula that means it's not getting the cell reference correctly. Here's the formula I typed from scratch that seems to work:

=IF([Tier Score]@row <= 17, "Tier 3", IF([Tier Score]@row <= 25, "Tier 2", IF([Tier Score]@row >= 26, "Tier 1")))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/19/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Doug Goss,

I just copy/pasted your formula into a test sheet and one thing I noticed is that none of the cell references have color to them. That usually means there's an issue in the formula that means it's not getting the cell reference correctly. Here's the formula I typed from scratch that seems to work:

=IF([Tier Score]@row <= 17, "Tier 3", IF([Tier Score]@row <= 25, "Tier 2", IF([Tier Score]@row >= 26, "Tier 1")))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!