Master Sheet with Thousands of Rows

Options
JohnSpirawk
JohnSpirawk ✭✭
edited 04/22/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi All!

I have multiple sheets that are tied to specific team members on my team. Each sheet has the same columns. I'm currently trying to see if there's a better way to organize this data. Right now, 12 sheets are managed individually by each team member and then when a row is resolved, it gets moved to a "resolved" sheet. Since a sheet can only hold so many rows, I'm using a Power Automate script to move a row to an excel spreadsheet. I'd prefer the data to be kept in Smartsheet as it's easier but the row limitation makes it hard. Are there any tips or recommendations from the community?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, @JohnSpirawk

My recommendation is to use only one sheet, where you will have column with a name of your team member it relates to. Then you can create report with relevant information for each of them or use filter Current user. Having all the data in one sheet allows to create any relevant reports or Dashboards easily.

Hope this help. If you have questions, let me know.

Best,

Beata

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JohnSpirawk

I hope you're well and safe!

How many rows do you and the team manage on a monthly/yearly basis?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JohnSpirawk
    Options

@Andrée Starå We have 11 team members that have roughly 3,000-5,000 rows per day per team member. They are completing about 1,000-2,000 per day per team member. The "resolved" sheet fills up quickly which is why I'm looking for a different solution

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JohnSpirawk

Happy to help!

Yes, that's a lot of rows.

You'll love it when the limits increase.

Do you need to have the rows stored as an archive?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JohnSpirawk
    Options

@Andrée Starå Thanks for your response! Has there been an update on when the cell limit will increase? This would be very helpful.

We do need to keep an archive as it stores customer request information and the team member will need to be able to look up that information.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JohnSpirawk

You're more than welcome!

No, there's been no update; it's just rumors. I guess maybe around last quarter, aligning with the Engage conference in Seattle.

Have you explored the premium apps Data Shuttle and DataTable?

Do you have access? Are these options that could be added?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!