shared template and workspace

Options

I have 2 new licensed users that I added to the workspace folder and a template. They can open the template but they can't save it to the correct folder. How can I remedy this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @steve.p

I hope you're well and safe!

Which Smartsheet plan do you and the others have?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @steve.p

The issue looks like it is to the permissions assigned to the new users on the workspace folder containing the template. Kindly follow the below possibilities to get this sorted.

Ø Grant the new users 'Edit Sheet' permissions, enabling them to modify and save sheets within the folder.

Ø This is everything in the template folder and the folder where you want users to save the template.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!

Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• steve.p
    steve.p ✭✭
    Options

We have the business plan. The problem is that the licensed users can't save the template in the shared folder. The two have the folder and the template shared with them as "editor-can share" but cannot save in the LCS job folder. How do I fix this?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@steve.p

Users need to have Owner or Admin sharing permissions to add to the Workspace.

The Owner and Admins of the workspace can create new items in the workspace, move items in or out of it, or delete items from it.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.