Tracking Production Build

Options

I was wondering if anyone has a template for tracking manufacturing build plan. For example I have a device that requires 11 different sub-assemblies before a finished product can be completed.

To have a continuous build of 20 finished units per months I need to have at least 5 of each sub-assemblies built per week. What would be the best approach to complete this? I'm thinking something like the attached, but for adding future months and weeks it doesn't seem ideal.

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @jvalerio,

So each assembly listed needs to be built at least 5 times/week or 20/month? I created a sheet that looks like this that you might be able to use as a template:

The "At Risk" row uses this column formula to determine if it's at risk (I guessed on this, feel free to change this to whatever):

=IF(AND(WEEKDAY(TODAY()) >= 3, [% Complete]@row < 0.5), "AT RISK", "")

Parent row formulas are as follows:

• Status: =IF([% Complete]@row <> "1", "In Progress", "Complete")
    • % Complete: =SUM(CHILDREN()) / COUNT(CHILDREN())
    • # of Units Built: =SUM(CHILDREN())

The Status formula I also used in the children rows as well.

I tried exporting this to Excel but it didn't retain any of these formulas when I exported.

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!