How to notify form submitter that their request was approved/denied?

Options

Hi,

I have made a smartsheet form for travel requests. I would like to notify the submitter of the form when their request is either approved or denied. I made a column for "Employee Email" as a contact list. I have also created an automation for the approvers, but if I click on "Alert Someone" when the request is approved/denied, if I choose the "Send to Contacts in a Cell" will that go ONLY to the person's email in that row? or does it go to the entire contact column?

Does Smartsheet already automatically send the decision back to the person who submitted the form? or do you have to manually set this up as described above?

Thank you!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @MandyKrez,

It will only send an email to the email contact listed in that row if that's who you designate as the receiver of the alert.

When setting up these kinds of alerts I always have the trigger be the Approval column changing to "Any Value", then I use conditional blocks for if its Approved or Declined, then send the appropriate email for each decision to the Employee Email.

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!