Combine Contacts from multiple columns into a single cell

Options
124»

Comments

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Karim Khan

Do you use Control Center/Data Mesh? Or are you on Core Smartsheet?

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Olen Ronning I would love to have this feature to aggregate contact columns in a Control Center intake sheet for use in WorkApp.

• I would like the ability to concatenate multiple contact type fields into a single contact type field. The new process would need to have the ability to perform on both single select and multi-select contact column types.

Example:

For meeting attendance, I want to have 3 fields: Required, Optional, Informed

I want all 3 of the contents of those fields merged into one field [Assigned To].

• spauliszyn
    spauliszyn ✭✭✭
    edited 04/29/24
    Options

@chrisstrubemohawk, that is a great idea. If it is handled by a cell formula, we could build our own logic to allow this merge to be dynamic, depending on other conditions in our sheet data as well.

• chrisstrubemohawk
    edited 04/29/24
    Options

Yes, I'm thinking of a few types of formulas based on the functions I have seen in Smartsheet so far.

=CONTACTMRGS([List 1]@row, [List 2]@row, etc.) for a situation where lists are a single selection.

=CONTACTMRGM([List 1]@row, [List 2]@row, etc.) for those rows that are multi select.

Of course, there have to be rules around it. The receiving Contacts column must already be properly configured to receive the possible selections. Or maybe the receiving column can't have the "Restrict to List Values Only" turned on. The how-to gets hairy very quickly. I hope it can be done.

• Rich N
    Rich N ✭✭✭
    Options

You have NO idea how helpful this would be.

The inability to combine contact lists is such a massive headache.