Automation workflow restriction

Options

Hi,

I have a sheet, which I do not want to share with my team members (and the information is fed into this when these submit via form), but wanted to include them in workflows to receive automated email alerts.

These Automation permission settings cannot be changed (already contacted system admin).

Is there any other way to set up automated email alerts, without having to share the sheet?

Or else is it possible to share and not let anyone of them know, that this sheet has been shared with them?

Please help me find a solution. Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

You could email all shared users.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,
    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå

I have created a "Submitter column" which will automatically capture their email address, and I am using this field "Submitter" in automation workflows to generate emails for them (on whether the projectis approved or if it needs further disucussion), and not to send them an export of all the data. I do not want to give them access to this sheet, because this is a master project sheet.

I have created filters, based on subspecialty and have dynamic view for each area, where they make changes and view their data.

My only concern is, since automation settings is restricted, how I can send them a automated email alerts? I do not want to share the sheet with them, is there any approach to give them a viewer access and not let them know that this sheet has been shared with them? Or any other approach/ workaround available?

Thanks,

Mounika