Automation help or formula for connecting rows

Options

AW Placement request form below takes in all of the school placement requests via a form.

Once the column AW REQUEST STATUS is 'approved by leader' it is automatically moved to Students/Instructors - AWI

The ANCHOR ID transfers over from AW placement request sheet to students\instructors - AWI - when approved by leader status is in AW Request Status

Once the request is on the student/instructor - AWI request status changes to Upload student/instructor info.

This is where I am struggling. In the picture below there is Row 1 = the placement request moved from AW placement request sheet. Row 2-4 = school has uploaded students (3 students in this case) (step 1)

Row 5-7 = all students have completed their intake form (step 2)

Rows 8-10 = all students have completed onboarding requirements. (step 3)

Issue: when step 1 is not complete I have an automation sending a reminder to the school to upload students but I'm not sure how to trigger this as rows 2-4 don't talk to row 1 and so forth for 5-7 and 8-10.

Is there some sort of formula or automation that can alert when step 2 is not complete and when it is then when step 3 is not complete and times if by the number of students attached to the request?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!