Find Matching cells between 2 sheets

Options

Sheet 1 – thousands of registrations over many years and is considered a big archive and cannot be edited.

Sheet 2 – a live sheet with registrations that is changing often, few entries and cannot be edited.

Sheet 3 – my sheet that I want the following data to feed to.

Sheet 1 has loads of archived entries. I would like to create a formula in sheet 3 that looks at sheet 1 and sheet 2 registrations and ticks a box in sheet 3 if any of the registrations match, additionally I want the formula to look at an “end date” column in sheet 1 and only look at the registrations in sheet 1 compared with sheet 2 that fall within 14 days of today based on the "end date" in sheet 1.

I have been using INDEX / MATCH functions to little success

Thank you

Tags:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/29/24
    Options

Hey @Marcus99,

Could you share some screenshots of the sheets you need to pull the data from, it'll help us understand what the data looks like so we can better help you. Please be sure to hide any sensitive information when providing the screenshot.

Thanks!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots?
    (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,
    Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD
    Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Marcus99
    Options

So Sheet 1 is named "Completed Checks Master"

Sheet 2 is "FW Delay Report"

Sheet 3 is a blank sheet with a column formated for checkboxes.

Basically if there is an Aircraft (Column in Completed Checks Master) in "Completed Checks Master" that had an "End Date" in the past 14 days I want the formula in my blank sheet to look at the registrations listed in the AC column in FW Delay report and tick a box in my blank sheet if there are matches.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!