Conditional; formatting not applied to added rows

I added some rows in the middle of a block of conditionally formatted rows. Why do the new rows not automatically have the conditional formatting and how do I add it? I already have the whole column where the blank cells are set up for CF.

Thanks,

Ashley

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Ashley McAdoo,

Could your provide a screenshot of your formatting conditions as well?

Thanks!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Ashley McAdoo
    Ashley McAdoo ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @bisaacs

I'm trying to indicate in red where data needs to be manually added, but as soon as the cell is no longer blank,

I want the red to go away. I will probably add some gray as well where cells are not applicable to the column header.

Thanks,

Ashley

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Ashley McAdoo,

Hmmm it could be you're using an AND operator in the conditional rule and some of your rows aren't meeting all the conditions? It's a little tricky because the parameters and sheet screenshots you've provided aren't showing the whole picture (parameters are listing columns "Total (Hide)" and "Estimated January/February Hours", but the sheet screenshot lists columns "Year", "Project Name", "Employee Email", and "Non-Labor Categories")

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Ashley McAdoo
    Ashley McAdoo ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @bissacs,

everything worked perfectly until I needed to add some new rows to the existing formatting. Those are the rows missing the formatting.