Need Fix ASAP - Horizontal Scroll Bar Non-Working - Preventing Productivity & Ability to Use Grids

Options

Hello,

There are 2 issues in Grid/Sheet:

1. Horizontal Scroll Bar Disappears (Smartsheet Known Issue)
  2. Horizontal Scroll Bar Non-Working

Browser: Chrome Version 124.0.6367.92 (Official Build) (64-bit)

The scroll bar non-working seems to be an issue that recently popped up this past week. I've noticed over the past few days but chalked it up to a quirk until today it has repeatedly resulted in not being able to access information on the sheet at all and I'm unable to work.

As you may be able to see from the screenshots the arrows are grayed out. I have tried closing the window and re-opening it. This is across multiple sheets/grids that I have noticed so far today. I'm unable to scroll across the sheet to gather the information I need and to perform functions that are part of a workflow.

Chrome just updated and I re-started the browser, but issue it still the same. Sometimes I can use keyboard arrows to scroll cell-by-cell across the sheet, but othertimes this does not work.

Best Answer

• ashleyh24
    ashleyh24
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dragging scroll bar and using mouse wheel also did not work, even after updating and restarting my browser.

I completely shut down my computer and re-opened the browser tabs and now scroll feature seems to be working again.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried clicking on the scroll bar and dragging it? I also know that some mouse wheels can be used for side to side scrolling in addition to vertical scrolling.

• ashleyh24
    ashleyh24
    Answer ✓
    Options

Dragging scroll bar and using mouse wheel also did not work, even after updating and restarting my browser.

I completely shut down my computer and re-opened the browser tabs and now scroll feature seems to be working again.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've never had this happen to me before. Every now and then when I move from my regular computer monitor to my laptop screen, I have to zoom out and then back to 100% zoom to get the side scrollbar to reappear, but that's about it.

If it happens again, I would suggest reaching out to Support.

• Sheryl P
    Sheryl P ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ashleyh24 @Paul Newcome - I have seen something going on as well - I have not taken the time to dig into it, or ask others in my organization. I am using the Smartsheet desktop app v 1.0.51. I have been seeing this for at least 2 weeks if not longer. I will pay more attention and see if I can duplicate.

• Sheryl P
    Sheryl P ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In Desktop app when I open a sheet in a tab - no scroll bar. I maximize the window and scroll bar appears. I switch to a different tab in app - it may or may not have scroll bar depending on if I maximized that screen already. The scroll bar seems to stay, once I ,maximized the window - not sure for how long.