How to Move Existing Users to User Management Without Sending Email Invitations in Smartsheet?

Options

I’ve been managing users in Smartsheet by adding new users via the “My Smartsheet Contacts” button and then inviting them individually to specific workspaces by typing their email addresses in the “Invite People and Groups” bar and clicking “Share.” However, this approach has led to users being scattered across multiple workspaces and not in one centralized area.

To streamline user management, I want to consolidate all users into the User Management section in Smartsheet. However, when I try to move existing users to User Management, Smartsheet sends them individual email invitations, even though they are already in the system.

Is there a way to move existing users to User Management without triggering email invitations? I want to avoid sending unnecessary emails to users who are already using Smartsheet.

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/24
    Options

Hi @Fem923

First, instead of sharing workspaces with inviduals by entering their emails, you can share workspaces with User Groups. You can create many User Groups in Group management then add emails to these groups based on their roles. Every time you add a new email to a group, Smartsheet will automatically share the workspaces to that user. This group sharing method will help to simplify your sharing and make it more centralized controlling.

In additional, adding a new user in User Management is an action to invite that user to join your organization, Smartsheet will automatically send an invitation email to that user that you can not avoid. If your problem is just about sharing then there's no need to add user in User Management.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.