Formula Help

Options

Need help with this formula:

I have a YES/NO category and if the answer is YES then I want to add all the columns listed below, if the answer is NO then I want the column to show $0.

=IF([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row, YES, Exterior Survey Cost]@row + [Door Vinyl Cost]@row + [Privacy Screen Cost]@row + [Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [NON-Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [Monument Sign Cost]@row + [Post & Panel Cost]@row + [Parking Signs Cost]@row + 4025, IF([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row, NO = 0)

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=IF([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row = "YES", ([Exterior Survey Cost]@row + [Door Vinyl Cost]@row + [Privacy Screen Cost]@row + [Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [NON-Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [Monument Sign Cost]@row + [Post & Panel Cost]@row + [Parking Signs Cost]@row + 4025), "$0")

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, and accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

You are already asking the IF question at the beginning, so you don't need to restate it. I think this should do the trick.

=IF([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row = "YES", Exterior Survey Cost]@row + [Door Vinyl Cost]@row + [Privacy Screen Cost]@row + [Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [NON-Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [Monument Sign Cost]@row + [Post & Panel Cost]@row + [Parking Signs Cost]@row + 4025, 0)

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/08/24
    Options

you are almost there @Graham Cracker

=IF([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row= "Yes",Sum(Exterior Survey Cost]@row,[Door Vinyl Cost]@row,[Privacy Screen Cost]@row,[Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row,[NON-Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row,[Monument Sign Cost]@row,[Post & Panel Cost]@row,[Parking Signs Cost]@row) + 4025,If([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row= "NO",0))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, and accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also if all those Columns are right next to each other you could do Sum([First Column on left]@row:[Last Column from left])

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/08/24
    Options

That is Very true. How ever if they do not have a yes or a no in the column it will also show a 0. If he wants it to remain blank until there is a yes or no then They would need the stacked If statements.

• Graham Cracker
    Graham Cracker ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi David and Mark thank-you both for your quick responses. Unfortunately I keep getting the #UNPARSEABLE error with the formulas above. Any thoughts?

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are there any Entries that are not a numerical value?

• Graham Cracker
    Graham Cracker ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nope. All are numbers.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

would you mind sharing an image of what your working with?

• Graham Cracker
    Graham Cracker ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can I share the sheet with you?

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can if you like. How ever if there is sensitive data on it I would not recommend sharing it with some one outside of your organization.

• Graham Cracker
    Graham Cracker ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can remove the sensitive info. What is your email?

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/08/24
    Options

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

do you have Microsoft teams?

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

=IF([Exterior Signage (YES/NO)]@row = "YES", ([Exterior Survey Cost]@row + [Door Vinyl Cost]@row + [Privacy Screen Cost]@row + [Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [NON-Illuminated Channel Letters Cost]@row + [Monument Sign Cost]@row + [Post & Panel Cost]@row + [Parking Signs Cost]@row + 4025), "$0")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!