How to capture Submitters name if not logged in?

Options

We are trying to create a form and capture the submitter's name automatically. We used 'Created by' but when I send a test form, the name displays as web-form@smartsheet.com and not my name, I am logged into Smartsheet when doing this as per several suggestions. Our main issue is most of the staff filling out this form will not have a Smartsheet account and the answer I saw from one person to create a sheet with names/email addresses to match, does not work due to volume of staff (over 1000) and turnover. Is there a way to do this?

Best Answer

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@OmniTrainer

Since "Created By" only works with logged-in users, here is a simple option to capture names for your large staff (over 1000):

Add a Text Field:

Add a dedicated text field labeled "Name" or "Submitted By" to your form. Users can directly enter their names when filling out the form.

• Pros: Simple and user-friendly.
    • Cons: It requires users to manually enter information, which might lead to errors or omissions and introduce an authenticity concern. Someone could potentially submit a form with a fake name.

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@OmniTrainer

Since "Created By" only works with logged-in users, here is a simple option to capture names for your large staff (over 1000):

Add a Text Field:

Add a dedicated text field labeled "Name" or "Submitted By" to your form. Users can directly enter their names when filling out the form.

• Pros: Simple and user-friendly.
    • Cons: It requires users to manually enter information, which might lead to errors or omissions and introduce an authenticity concern. Someone could potentially submit a form with a fake name.