Not able to generate Stacked bar Chart using REPORT

Options

I am trying to bring - Stacked bar Chart for the monthly county of the competency. I have generated the data via Smartsheet Report in tis format.

However, when I am generating the output report. The report is not rendering as expected.

I believe, I can manually build a table with competency values and month and can generate the expected output. However, I am looking options in the standard format, Report, Grant Chart. anything should work.

Month

HC Comp 1

HC Comp 2

HC Comp 3

2-Jan

3-Mar

4-Apr

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @tamiz.vedachalam ,

Stacked bar or Stacked column chart requires multi columns of values to make them stacked. Reports or Sheets can be used as sources for these charts as long as they have seperate column of values as your table above.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• tamiz.vedachalam
    Options

Hi Gia,

Thanks for the prompt response! If Reports can be used to Stacked Bar, then I believe I need to change the report format.

Looking at your comment "separate column of values as your table above". The values which I am showing in the above screenshots is placed in the rows. How can I swap the values from "Rows" to "Columns" in the Report.

As I mentioned, I prefer to bring these values in the Report and not in manual table format.

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet has a premium app called Pivot, like Pivot of Excell. Pivot can help to change values in rows to columns automatically.

However, if your data is stable and not to much, you can create a Metric sheet by yourself to calculate these values.

• tamiz.vedachalam
    Options

Hi Gia,

Now, Report is not an option and I need to explore Pivot? The data are not stable and its dynamic. Also, the sheet is going to be handled by others in future. Hence, I need a process to keep as simple and not to have any manual intervention much.

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My recommendation is you should create a Metric sheet with columns as the screenshot above and build formulas to pull the data from your source sheet. It's a free and faster way to get the result as Pivot's.

Pivot is a Smartsheet add-on, premium app that you need to buy from your Smartsheet Sales Rep