After using Predecessor relationship FF, my dates below becomes incorrect

After I give FF for Task2, it adjusts Task2 to complete by Task1 end date i.e 3/4/24. After that Task3 has dependency on 2, Task4 is dependent on task 3. But both these tasks have incorrect start date. And the duration for these tasks is only 1 day but still it considers 2 days instead of 1.

Answers

• Hi @GAN

There are hidden times associated with dates in Project sheets (you can see this by adding a Text/Number column and then using a formula to = the date + "" and turn it into text).

In my task sheet the dates are appearing as expected, as are the hidden times. Is it possible the times in your rows are slightly different?

How are the times set in your Project Settings:

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi,

I have the same issue where the successor's "start date" is the same date as the predecessor's "end date" (using FS), instead of the successor's "start date" being predecessor's "end date+1 day". If I finish a task on 5/5, I expect the successor to start on 5/6, and not on 5/5, which is incorrect. The "hidden times" show the same information as the date fields, no discrepancy there. It looks like the FS dependency doesn't make the successor start date on the following day (+1 day) but instead on the same "end date" as the predecessor.
    Thank you for your help.

Manny