Filter for any task that is incomplete and starting no sooner than +30d.

I'm trying to figure out how to have a filter for any open task in addition to any that's due to start in the next 30d.

I've boiled it down to the below, but as there's an 'AND' and an 'OR' I can't find a way to combine them.:

• Starting in the next 30d and not started

OR

• incomplete and in the past.

Is there a way without having helper columns or 2 independent filters? If no, then independent filters would be my only viable option.

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @James Ward,

Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to use AND/ORs when creating a filter. The next closest thing you could do is use conditional formatting to create two rules (one for the 1st AND statement and another for the 2nd). But even then you aren't able to filter by the conditional formatting, it just highlights the rows that match the rules. So either you'll have to do the 2 independent filters or the helper column to do an IF statement.

I'd recommend requesting the AND/OR Filter features to Smartsheet, and they may add it in a future release:

https://community.smartsheet.com/post/idea/smartsheet-product-feedback-%26-ideas

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• James Ward
    James Ward ✭✭✭✭

Ok, thank you, I wondered if that was the case. It's not a deal breaker so I'll just split our review sessions to 'in progress' and 'future' as separate parts of the meeting.