Clicking a link in email does not work

smiles
smiles ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/16/24 in Smartsheet Basics

The email notifications staff receive (like a comment was added etc) has a clickable link that will take you to that row on smartsheet.

However if you have a filter applied, the link does not work and only takes you to the sheet and does not highlight the row. This is including when the filter that is applied is already showing the same row to you anyway. The link only works if you have no filters applied.

Is there a way to fix this so it works with filters applied?

Answers

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @smiles

Short answer no. Filters affects the view for that user and clicking a link can only take you to the sheet but it has no way of turning the filter off. Users will need to turn filters off before clicking the link, you could note this in the notification "Ensure your filters are off prior to following link"

Cheers.

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee
    edited 05/21/24

Hi @smiles !

I agree with @Jason P. After testing, I was able to reproduce the behavior you described. It appears that when filters are applied, the link in the email notification does not work as usual.

Given this, I recommend submitting a product Idea post as feedback in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic. Your input is valuable and can help improve the functionality for everyone.

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now