Tracking changes in status and duration for each change

Hello team,

I need to track the changes for statuses in the project backlog. I need to copy them in a different sheet (I know there's an automation for this), but I also need to track the duration, which can be a few hours or days and then create a report with this information. We need to know how long a task stays in each status.

Do you know how I can catch the day and hour of the change and how I can create the report based on these changes?

Thank you!!

Answers

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords Overachievers

Hi @BusinessApplications , I’m thinking there may be a way for you to leveraging column types Date Created and/or Date Modified to “catch” the date time that you need to track. If your secondary sheet is configured with these then you can likely calculate the delta between statuses. If you automate the row/data copy to the sheet on the starting status and then either limit the modification to the final status, or trigger a move to a third sheet on the final status…you should be able to generate these “time stamps”. Let me know if you need further help exploring this strategy!

All my best,

Will