How do I select the email sender to be the trigger person in an approval request?

Hi I have an approval request that works fine except for one thing. It always uses the my name (Admin) as the sender for the approval even though I am not part of that transaction, which forces the Approver to remove my name and manually change the name to the correct person in order to process the approval. The Help files in smartsheet tell me I can have the email sent from the triggering user but that is not showing as an option in my approval workflow.

Any ideas on how to send these from the triggering user ?

Here:s what the help files tell I can do:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Barry Bowles,

I double checked and it looks like this option is only available for Alert actions in the workflow. I don't know why Smartsheet doesn't allow you to select that for Approval/Update Requests though, seems like it'd make sense to offer that.

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Barry Bowles
    Barry Bowles ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Bisaacs - that limitation should be spelled out in the help files. However it is at the heart of many other complaints about who the email has actually been sent on behalf of. Smartsheet needs to understand that the creator of the sheet (owner or Admin) is invariably not the person triggering the approval request. I will see if I can get this on the improvement list. Thanks for your prompt response.