Date combined in a cell

Some fabulous person helped me previously with putting 2 dates together in one cell on a sheet summary.

I am now trying to do the same thing within my sheet. There are details in child rows I dont necessarily want to share with client, so Ive moved those items to a row Ive designated "project level" to move all client facing updates there.

One item is a timeframe listed in the project plan Id like to populate in a cell on only the "project level" row

=(LEFT[Start Date]108,5) + "-" + LEFT(Due Date108,5

How do I now remove the time and just have the dates

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=dateonly([Start Date]108) +”-“+dateonly[Due Date]108)

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• AmandaB23
    AmandaB23 ✭✭✭

Hi , I appreciate the help but it is not working :( getting "UNPARSEABLE"

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/21/24

@AmandaB23

I am sorry. There was an error in the formula I posted. So if you copied and pasted it directly It would not have worked. In this one i corrected the error. I forgot to close off the second dateonly() function.

=dateonly([Start Date]108) +”-“+dateonly([Due Date]108)

Dateonly function also only works on system columns. "This Includes Start and end dates in project forms".So if your not pointed it to a system column then it wont work either. What type of Column are you pulling the dates from? IF it just has a date and not a time stamp. That would change the formula.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is perplexing me. The example image I showed it worked with no issues. I aa willing to delve deeper into this if you would like to contact me on teams.

• AmandaB23
    AmandaB23 ✭✭✭

@Mark.poole I would love to connect , I have a presentation at 4 Id love to get this fixed ahead of. How can I reach you?

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AmandaB23 You can reach me on teams if you use it. Mark.poole@whirlwindsteel.com.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!