Seeking Solution to Display Only Non-Empty Cells in Smartsheet Report

This discussion was created from comments split from: Show data from columns that are not empty.

Answers

• Samscho
    Samscho ✭✭✭

Has anyone thought of any better ways to achieve this rather than basicallly doubling the number of columns? My sheet is already huge and I'd prefer not to add more columns. I'm just not sure how to organize my data into a report such that I'm only seeing cells that contain data from their respective rows/columns.

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Samscho — you have kind of limited options. You can create a single column that summarizes all the data from the other columns. That column can be made to exclude columns that don't have data. Assuming you have columns titled ColumnA, ColumnB, ColumnC, that formula could look like this:

=IF(ColumnA@row="", "", "Column A:" + ColumnA@row + CHAR(10))
    + IF(ColumnB@row="", "", "Column B:" + ColumnB@row + CHAR(10))
    + IF(ColumnC@row="", "", "Column C:" + ColumnC@row + CHAR(10))

Just repeat this for each column. If a column is empty, then the formula for that line will yield a blank (""). Otherwise, it will provide the column title (whatever you enter, for instance "Column A:"), the content of the column (ColumnA@row), and a line break (CHAR(10)). For the line break to work, you have to toggle the text wrap.