"Number of Days Without Incident" Formula

So I need to create a formula that is essentially an automated version of those signs in factories and warehouses that say Number of Days Without Incident: ##. See attached screenshot. I want to know when a team has hit 30 days without an incident. But I want the number to reset if an incident happens.

See attached screenshot for the columns and some additional notes. I filled these rows in manually to reflect what I would like to happen if the formula is working properly.

I am also open to suggestions if there is a simpler way of doing this. I just essentially wrote down on paper what I wanted to happen and this is what I came up with on the grid.

Thank you!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The [Consecutive Score] formula is a standard IF statement.

=IF(Score@row = 0, "Zero", "Not Zero")

Then to get your consecutive days, you would use something along the lines of:

=Date@row - MAX(COLLECT(Date:Date, Date:Date, @cell <= Date@row, [Consecutive Score]:[Consecutive Score], @cell = "Not Zero"))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!