Help with getting metrics for project health

mrodriguez
edited 05/30/24 in Formulas and Functions

I have a project portfolio that I am trying to report off of. I am trying to get a count of the amount of projects for each health category (red, yellow, green, gray) for a specific sponsor. I do have a helper text column correlating to the health.

Below is the formula I tried.

=COUNTIFS({Copy of IT Project Portfolio Range 3}, [Primary Column]@row, {Copy of IT Project Portfolio Range 1}, [Column2]@row, {Copy of IT Project Portfolio Range 4}, [Column3]@row)

I would also like to be able to track this month over month what the changes are.

Thanks!!

Answers

• Hi @mrodriguez - Will the sheet you are currently showing only have 1 line per color or could you have multiple color lines with different names and also different status? Will this list continue to have items added to it, or can items be added and removed at any point in time in the month?

• Hi @nschildt each line will represent a new project & each project will have it's own color, they will also have their own status but I am looking to only represent one status "In Progress" The list is the project portfolio so it will consistently have new line items representing new projects.

• @mrodriguez - Let me know if this is what you were looking for in the counting portion? I can then assist in the Tracking MoM.

=COUNTIFS(Health:Health, Health@row, Name:Name, Name@row, Status:Status, "In Progress")

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try doing each of the three range/criteria sets one at a time to see which one(s) give you a zero. That will help narrow down where the problem is.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!