Formula to Select Multiple Dropdown Options using Two-Column Criteria

Hello,

I am looking to be able to auto-populate the pending permits based on the empty date cells where we input our received dates.

I currently have to manually choose what permits are missing, but am hoping there is a formula I can use to show both missing permits. Below is what it currently looks like and after that is what I'd like it to look like using a formula to generate the two permits missing on the row in the same cell.

I may need to add in a third if missing a Special Permit.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@dhills922

=IF([Town Pole]@row <>"","Town Pole Permit")+" "+IF([State Pole]@row <>"","State Pole Permit")+" "+IF(And([Special Permits]@row<>"",[Special Permits]@row<>"N/A"),"Special Permit")

There is no functionality to use a multi select option in a formula. How ever you can do text.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@dhills922

=IF([Town Pole]@row <>"","Town Pole Permit")+" "+IF([State Pole]@row <>"","State Pole Permit")+" "+IF(And([Special Permits]@row<>"",[Special Permits]@row<>"N/A"),"Special Permit")

There is no functionality to use a multi select option in a formula. How ever you can do text.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• dhills922
    dhills922
    edited 05/30/24

That worked! I tweaked it a bit and got rid of the "AND" where I don't want to count the N/A and the additional Special Permits section. I never would have gotten that one. Thank you!

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

your very welcome. I did the special permits part just in case you wanted to add that into it maybe at a later point.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!