Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Break Periods

In Smartsheets, when you add a column for a start date and a finish date, you can only have those 2 dates for one task in the same row. There should be a command available to everyone letting you add break-in dates between the start date and finish date. For instance, if a task is planned to be done during 2 weeks, then stopped for 1 week or 2 weeks, and then continued for another 2 weeks. Construction companies could really use a command that functions in such a way to add break periods to a task. It would really help people out. I am sure that it can be used not only by construction companies, but by other companies and other people who use smartsheets. Please help us by voting yes to this idea. It would be a game-changer for smartsheets and for people. Thank you for taking your time to read this. I hope you have a wonderful day/night.

2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• VinceA
    VinceA ✭✭✭

Similar request in that a Start / Stop time column be added. For our purposes, I need to track when a production line is down for repair and have that time be cumulative in that if the line needs to stop multiple times, those times are continuous when you utilize a start and stop function field in a column. I actually need several of these for different aspects within the same job.