June Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• I love true crime and serial killers. I have watched and read alot of books regarding them. However, if you ask my kids, the thing that mom knows the most is music. They say i know every song that plays on the radio. Its toss up.

• I don't have, well I don't think I do anyway, any real area of great knowledge. I seem to have bits (a bunch mind you) of knowledge of so many topics. Useless things like how many laps are on the Indy 500, etc. That said it seems a lot of people come to me for advice on all kinds of topics. Oh, I also have the ability to size people up without even speaking a word, saves me from time to time, lol.

• Amanda W _ MSE
    Amanda W _ MSE ✭✭✭✭

Even though I have never lived there but I know a lot about Malta from the history right through to good places to visit and decent bars and restaurants. My family (mum's side) are Maltese and I have spent plenty of time over there and never get bored. Maybe it's because of my family connection as I'm not usually a history buff but I know so much information as it really does interest me. Anyone I know who is going always contact me for information as they know how passionate I am of the place.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is a tough one as a "jack of all trades" type of person. I'd say one of my top "skills" would be having a knack for learning new things and grasping new concepts quickly. I maintain my knowledge of as much of the "basics" as I can and then apply that to figuring things out. It has provided for a lot of fun, saved me in a pinch quite a few times, and saved me quite a bit of money when things break.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni

On surprising topic that I know a lot about, but not too many people know, is Disneyland. I absolutely love Disneyland and have been many, many, many times even though I don't live in California. I know all the best routes to get to the rides faster as well as the tricks to getting on the rides faster and avoiding the long wait lines. I even know about their hidden underground tunnel passage ways because my daughter had an incredible opportunity once to dance on one of the Disneyland stages. I also love finding all of the many hidden Mickeys throughout the part and sharing these experiences with my grandchildren.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

World Regional Geography 🌎️ Another lifetime ago, I was a Geography and GIS major and was pretty savvy with countries and capitals. I'm a bit out of practice, but worked in the digital mapping industry for 10-years and was able to retain some of it. Now I love incorporating maps into data analysis from Smartsheet or Power BI. Visuals always speak to people, right? Had a professor who'd always say, "in case you're on a quiz show" before dropping some random rarely known facts about a country. Haven't been on any shows yet, but can occasionally drop some random geography facts on people. 🗺️

• Amy B
    Amy B ✭✭✭

Papercrafting, it's the opposite of my day job, and a nice creative outlet for relaxation. Whether it's handmade cards, scrapbook layouts, 3D or decor projects I love what can be created with colors, layers, textures, and a bit of creativity.

• Over the years I've developed a decent amount of knowledge and skill in personal coaching and habit formation. I've volunteered and worked as a youth mentor for over a decade and I also work with high school students professionally as an English teacher in an alternative hybrid school setting (think Khan Academy). One of the lessons I've learned over the years is that are humans fundamentally directed by desire and habit. "You are what you love," to quote a popular philosopher. Those "loves" or desires emerge from personal/communal narratives and translate into actions that develop into habits. Habits constitute the dominant experience of ourselves and how others experience us. Not to belabor the point, but helping others understand the nature of the habit process is key to helping people understand themselves, avoid "getting stuck," and make meaningful personal changes over time.

David Stremic

“All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know.” – Ernest Hemingway.

• DesireeJones
    DesireeJones ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi SmartSheet Community!

One surprising topic I know a lot about is movies! I don't necessarily know a lot about the cast, directors or historical aspects, but more so the name of the movie. Every time I walk into a room and a movie's beginning credits are rolling, I yell out the name of the movie and my rating of the movie. It drives my family crazy because they tell me they just want to watch a movie that I haven't seen yet!

*slowly turns on Netflix 😃

Happy Sunday!

• Ketch Pablo
    Ketch Pablo ✭✭✭

I have substantial knowledge on mental health and mental health first aid. As a neurodivergent, I am in constant research and education on my condition so I can find ways to thrive. I have made it my life's advocacy as well to help others get diagnosed and find support as well as enlighten loved ones on how they can provide support.

• Ashley Ferguson
    Ashley Ferguson ✭✭✭✭

I love astronomy and physics, and if I had had the mind for the math I may have pursued it. But now I get to impart my science love to my son and we talk about black holes and terraforming Mars. :)

Ashley Ferguson, PMP

IS Project Manager | St. Joseph’s/Candler

http://linkedin.com/in/ashley-ferguson-399396a

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know a lot about fingerboarding (Tech Deck). In the late 90's and early 2000's my job was teaching kids how to do ollies and kickflips and stuff, mostly in South America. To this day, I can still get a kid to ollie in just a few minutes. Those were the days…if you ever owned a VHS fingerboard video in the US, chances are I'm in it.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• AMPM_4ME
    AMPM_4ME ✭✭✭

Networking ! I love being the "go-to" person. I love making everyone's day a little brighter. I love teaching others to do for themselves, I love directing others to the right person when asking a question, or providing the right response. If I don't know, I will get the answer for you. Just ask! I love the challenge.

• I met a new friend for coffee on Friday. As we visitied, the individaul share that I was the first woman she has ever met who sails. Reading this June question reminded me of her surprise and that the sailing activity that I is really quiet unusual. Not only do i personally race and skipper my own sailboat either myself or with others, I organize racing events, officiate at them, and also teach saililng to both adults and youth. Added to all that, I myself only started sailing when I was 35.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know a thing or two about fishing.

Did you know that confidence can play a huge role in catching fish? Confidence in a location, type of bait, technique, etc.. can make all the difference between just fishing and actually catching fish.

This discussion has been closed.