Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Landscape orientation for Forms

virgh
virgh ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this has already been proposed, but one of my colleagues wants a landscape orientation for their Form. I have not been able to find such a thing. If it already exists -great! Point me in the right direction please! If not, I would love to have this as an enhancement, thank you so much.

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• eliweitz
    eliweitz ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @virgh - I think this might already be a feature (relatively) - Forms have the option of "Vertical" or "Side-by-Side" or "Plain." The side-by-side option might be optimal in a "landscape" orientation for the form. But otherwise, if you're looking for questions to go in a horizontal line, rather than vertical, then it's not currently a feature within Smartsheet.

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried all 3 form orientations that you mention, and none of them gives the landscape 'width' that we're looking for…

In each case, the form itself is still limited (much like the dashboards used to be) to a specific width and will not stretch any wider. A perfect example is how the side-by-side takes up all that screen space on the left with the blue background, but won't stretch the form more than 50% of the screen-width capacity.

It would be a good enhancement for us to have more screen dedicated to the width of the form itself. Hope that would be good for others too, thanks.

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer