Formulas using another sheet references

Hi,

I have a created a sheet (Financial Dashborad sheet), to calculate the total finances spent by each subdepartment, and the running costs for each subdepartment.

The data was present in a master financial sheet, holding all the information. I am looking to create a dashboard via populating a sheet (Financial Dashboard sheet) using "master financial sheet".

Within the "Financial dashboard sheet" i have created a column "Subspecialty" and listed down the subspecialties "HP", "TP", "LQ", and I have created a references from other sheet for columns subspecialty as "SS" and for column amount spent as "Amount". Can someone please help me with the formulas, to generate total for each subspecialty? And also running costs for each subspecialty?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

Honestly it will be difficult to have someone build you a formula specific to your sheet wthout seeing it. I recommend either pasting this in ChatGPT to help create a base formula. Then you can paste that into this community if it's not working and we can help you problem solve. Alternatively Smartsheet does have some GenAI options included that could help you come up with that V1..

Sorry for no direct answer but I hope this helps you find the answer you need!

Thanks,

Nick

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

Answers

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello!!

Honestly it will be difficult to have someone build you a formula specific to your sheet wthout seeing it. I recommend either pasting this in ChatGPT to help create a base formula. Then you can paste that into this community if it's not working and we can help you problem solve. Alternatively Smartsheet does have some GenAI options included that could help you come up with that V1..

Sorry for no direct answer but I hope this helps you find the answer you need!

Thanks,

Nick

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭

@NickStaffordPM

Thank you so much for responding! I have used AI formula generator within the sheet 😊.