Workflow to change value in checkbox column

How do I create a workflow to change a value in a checkbox column?

Once I set my trigger, which is a specific drop-down choice in another column on the same sheet, I select my action and choose "change cell value" but the choices of columns in to change the value in only include text and dropdown columns. I don't see anything for checkbox column.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Bleakley McDowell

Is there a specific reason to use a workflow instead of an IF statement? also I am not sure why you cant see the checkbox column. It should be there. While the dropdown for it is text. The text is "Checked" or "Unchecked".

If you just added the Checkbox column be sure that the sheet was saved before starting to build the workflow.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• @Mark.poole The workflow seems more direct but I suppose I could use an IF statement. Thanks for the suggestion!

I have no idea why I'm not seeing any checkbox columns. The column is not new to the sheet. I see column options for Text/Number and Dropdown (single select) but no checkbox. Weird.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Are there any formulas in the checkbox column?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bleakley McDowell
    Bleakley McDowell ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Mark.poole Ok. I think I found the issue. I was using the flag icon for the checkbox (and my other checkbox columns that also were not showing up were using the star) and I changed it to the regular "check" symbol and now it works. Seems like a bug!