#unparseable error on multiple IF statement have tried everything!

I've got a simple multiple if statement. If column A is X then return Y and it's giving me Unparseable. Any advice gratefully received.

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@alipeepee

The first thing I notice is that you have one too many ) at the end of your formula. It should be

=IF(Activity@row = "CB FUNDING","Running the Game", IF(Activity@row = "T1 Rugby", "In the Game", IF(Activity@row = "EXPAND CLUB AND INCLUDE L&D FOR VOLUNTEERS", "In the Clubhouse")))

The way to look at is is you only have 3 if statements and no other formulas so to close off all three you need ))). If you notice in your formula the ) changes color to match the formula its closing off. If it turns to black you have too many.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@alipeepee

The first thing I notice is that you have one too many ) at the end of your formula. It should be

=IF(Activity@row = "CB FUNDING","Running the Game", IF(Activity@row = "T1 Rugby", "In the Game", IF(Activity@row = "EXPAND CLUB AND INCLUDE L&D FOR VOLUNTEERS", "In the Clubhouse")))

The way to look at is is you only have 3 if statements and no other formulas so to close off all three you need ))). If you notice in your formula the ) changes color to match the formula its closing off. If it turns to black you have too many.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• You're a legend. How I didn't spot that I don't know. Thank you so much!